- 117 THE World University Rankings 2014-2015
- 90 QS World University Rankings 2014
- 98 THE World University Rankings 2013-2014
- 97 QS World University Rankings 2013
- 100 QS World University Rankings 2015
- 74 THE World University Rankings 2015-2016
- 113 QS World University Rankings 2018
|Campus setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
|Student population||Information not available|
|International students||Information not available|
About University of Groningen
Groningen is a pleasant and safe place to live. With a population of 190,000, it truly is a city which is lively, convivial and one that offers everything one would need. At the same time, Groningen has the ambience of a village where relations are close. The peace and quiet of the vast countryside is just a stone’s throw away.
The University of Groningen Library consists of the University Library (Universiteits Bibliotheek, UB) and 8 faculty libraries. The combined libraries contain a total of three million books and periodicals, of which more than two million are located in the central UB. Documents can be easily located using the online Catalogue which can be consulted via the Library Portal. Another important facility are the Digital Workstations. Spread over two floors, visitors will find more than three hundred workstations for consulting catalogues, online databases and journals. Students have access to all the online library facilities.
The University Hotel (former name: University Guesthouse) provides short- to medium-term accommodation to guests and relations of the University of Groningen. The hotel is situated in the heart of the inner city and within walking distance of Groningen Academic Hospital (Universitair Medisch Centrum Groningen, UMCG), most University nuclei, most congress centres, and the Central Station.
Getting to Groningen
- Schiphol - Groningen: At Schiphol, Amsterdam International Airport, the easiest way to travel to Groningen is to take the train (one way Schiphol - Groningen costs approx. 24,10 euro full fare). The underground train station is located near Schiphol Plaza, within several minutes walking distance from the luggage claim. The journey from Amsterdam or SchipholAirport to Groningen takes a little over 2 hours.
- Bremen - Groningen: Another way to arrive in the Netherlands is via Bremen Airport. The cheapest and easiest way to travel from Bremen to Groningen is to take the public express bus. This will take students from Bremen airport to Groningen in about 2,5 hours and costs 9 to 23 euro (one way), depending on the time of travel.
- Once arrived in Groningen, students are advised to take a taxi to bring them to their accommodation. Taxis can be found at the front of the Groningen railway station.
In Groningen, there is no campus or campus accommodation, but the University of Groningen does offer help to international students to find proper housing, cooperates through the Housing Office. Looking for a room in the Netherlands can be a challenging experience at times. The Netherlands is one of the most densely populated countries in the world which means that housing is scarce, rooms are small, and they can be more expensive than what some students are used to at home.
Various options: Accommodation varies from single rooms to double rooms and studios. Prices for accommodation are between € 260 and € 450 per month, but most rooms will be around € 350. These rents are all inclusive (room, heating, electricity, furniture, often internet, et cetera).
Courses available 10Accounting and Finance 1 Computer Science and IT 1 Creative Arts & Design 1 English Language 1 Humanities & Social Sciences 7 Mass Communication & Media 2
Be the first one!