UOW Malaysia KDU University College
Ready to apply? Start here.
|Student population||Medium (1,001 to 10,000)|
|Nationalities||Contact the university / college|
About UOW Malaysia KDU University College
Established in 1983, and a pioneer in Malaysian private education, KDU College has continued to be an innovative leader in being the first SMART college in Malaysia. Through its SMART initiatives, KDU aims to provide a superior learning experience to nurture students to become independent and life-long learners. KDU offers a wide range of programmes at Certificate, Diploma, Degree and Masters levels. The Certificate and Diploma courses are internally developed while the Degree and Masters programmes are conducted in association with prestigious universities in Australia and the UK.
The college prides itself with its impressive alumni of more than 34,000 graduates. The college's high standards of academic provision are well recognised by employers of various industries and universities worldwide.
KDU College is a subsidiary of Paramount Corporation Berhad Group, a public listed company with a strong property arm consisting of Property Development, Property Investment and Property Construction. Its education arm is made up of the two KDU College campuses (Petaling Jaya and Penang), KDU Management Development Centre (KMDC) and Sekolah Sri KDU, a Smart School at the primary and secondary levels.
KDU Petaling Jaya Campus prides itself on its 25 years proven track record and has a reputation built on quality, innovation, integrity and sound financial results. KDU provides quality education combined with strong pastoral care. The college has strong collaboration with top universities in the UK, Australia and Europe and is also the licensed centre for the conducting of Cambridge International Diploma for Teachers and Trainers.
|IELTS||Contact the university / college|
|TOEFL||Contact the university / college|
For admission requirements and intakes for each individual course/programme please refer to course details.
Courses available 10
Tuition and application fees
Contact the university / college
Estimated tuition fees as reported by the institution.
|Application fee (local students)||Contact the university / college|
|Application fee (international students)||Contact the university / college|
|Student visa fee (international students)||Contact the university / college|
Data not available per month
Average living cost in Malaysia
The amount is indicated taking into account the average cost of food, accommodation, etc in Malaysia for 2023
|Food||Data not available|
|Accommodation||Data not available|
|Others||Contact the university / college|
KDU Accommodation Services offer a wide range of student houses around Damansara Jaya housing area. Students have a choice of Deluxe, Premium or Supreme student house, which are all located within walking distance of KDU University College and Atria Shopping Centre. Malls such as One Utama Shopping Mall and The Curve are a 5-minute drive away, while Tropicana City Mall provides free shuttle services to Damansara Jaya residents.
There are several types of other accommodations such as student house, hostel (KDU Teratai Court) located in Kota Damansara and condominium units (Sterling Condominium located in Kelana Jaya and Pelangi Utama located in Damansara Utama). However, as the condominium units are limited in number, they are subject to availability.
Pelangi Utama Condominium:
- Master room: double single bed with AC and bathroom - RM700, Triple Single Bed - RM450
- 2nd Room: double single bed with AC - RM600, Double Single Bed - RM450
- Single Bed Room: Single bed with AC - RM700, Single Bed - RM550
KDU Teratai Court Hostel:
- Single room w/AC - RM460, w/o AC - RM360
- Double with single bed w/AC - RM370, w/o AC - RM300
- Double with Double Decker w/AC - RM340, w/o AC - RM280
KDU has several facilities which is believed to enhance the learning process and activities in the campus.
- KDU Square (Cafetaria) - It is a place where everybody can relax and chat with friends for tea, luch, or break betweem classes. Or just watch a TV programme while having snack. The square is located on the ground floor.
- KDU Computer Centre - Computer and Information Technology is a fundamental of the learning and research experience at KDU College. Computer applications are incorporated into degree programmes and all workstations are equipped with current software applications. KDU students will be able to access the Internet at the computer labs, and printing service is available.
- KDU Library - If students or staffs need to surf the Internet, or carry out an online research, they can do it freely at the library. as it is WiFi-enabled. They can use their own notebooks - Just request for the CISCO 340 Wireless Network from the librarians. The Library is located on the 3rd Floor.
- Bookshop - It is a full-servie bookshop and offers a full line of gifts, textbooks, magazines, books and many other types of stationery. If some books are not available, it can take order for the books.
- KDU Auditorium - Newly renovated, the auditorium is used to host events such as the Inter-School Math & Science Quiz, Inter-School dance competitions, Malam Kebudayaan Melayu dinner and traditional dances, badminton tournaments and other activities. For use of badminton courts, students will have to pre-book to avoid disappointment as the auditorium may be used for other functions. It is available for rent for wedding dinners too.
- Classrooms / Lecture Halls - Classrooms and lecture halls are air-conditioned and wi-fi enabled. Lecturers use either Powerpoint presentations or Prezi as one of their teaching aids.
- Surau (prayer room for Muslims) - The surau for ladies is on the lst floor, and for the men, it is on the 3rd floor.
- Science Laboratories - The science laboratories are used by pre-university students for practical classes. There are the Physics Lab, Chemistry Lab and Biology Lab. They are all located on the Ground Floor.
- Culinary Arts Training Facilities - The facilities specifically for Culinary programme students include the general facilities, training restaurants and kitchen facilities. There are 4 types of kitchens: champions kitchen (which is used to train students for competition purposes and also short course cooking), molecular kitchen (used for research centre as well as classroom for molecular cooking and demosntrations), pastry kitchen (where students learn the art of patisserie), and training kitchen.
- Engineering Laboratories - The Engineering Laboratories consist of six specialised laboratories: communication radio lab, electronics lab, control & robotic lab, electrical power lab, technical workshop.
- Skills Training Laboratories - These laboratories are located on the Ground Floor. They are to cater to the Skills Training Programme (JPK) Engineering students. These consist of Industrial Electronics & automation lab, test measurement and instrumentation lab, engineering design & drafting lab.
- Hospitality & Tourism Management Training Facilities which are consist of Mock Front office, 5-star mock suite, The Windowa of Damansara (a fine dining restaurant), Connexions Restaurant (General Dining Restaurant), and Cafe 87 Restaurant (deli-styled restaurant).
- Mass Communication Training Facilities which are consist of Creative Waves (Sound Studio), Shutters (Photo Studio), and Pixels (iMac Laboratory)
- Language Training Facilities consist of Computer-Assisted Language Learning Lab and Language Laboratory
- Other Facilities consists of mobility-friendly environment with the installation of ramps for disable, wireless interet access, automated teller machine (ATM), vending machines and newspapers, security, and transportation between campuses.
The Damansara Jaya (DJ) Campus is located along the Damansara-Puchong (LDP) highway. It's easily accessible by public transport. There are many food and entertainment outlets nearby.
Medium (1,001 to 10,000)
|Undergraduate students||Contact the university / college|
|Postgraduate students||Contact the university / college|
|International students||Contact the university / college|