|Campus setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
|Student population||Small (1,000 or less)|
About Taylors College, Perth
Taylors College is located on the ground of The University of Western Australia, Claremont. It is located just 3 kilometres from the main university campus, allowing easy access to the academic and social facilities offered by UWA. Students benefit greatly by studying on a university campus, set around large, open recreational fields and beautifully manicured courtyards.
The unique campus environment is conducive to serious study and inspires students to become motivated and self-assured in their journey towards academic success. With the main university campus close by, students can benefit from regular visits there, where students can use the library and join the Student Guild and sports clubs.
Facilities also include:
- The historic Claremont Teacher’s College (est. 1901) houses UWA Extension, UWA Publishing, UWA Institute for International Development (UWAIID), Confucius Institute, Centre for Muslim States and Societies and The Australian Music Examination Board (AMEB)
- Well-equipped classrooms complete with interactive whiteboards
- Computer labs and media studio
- Science laboratories
- Student support and reception area
- Reference and borrowing library with a 13,000-volume collection including books, journals, newspapers and DVDs
- Large open courtyards
- Student common room
- Student café
- Sports oval
- First Aid room
- Open use prayer room
- The Hub - interactive study area
- The Studio
Perth is a safe and clean multi-cultural city that is small enough to feel relaxed and friendly yet big enough to have everything one needs. Perth has a warm Mediterranean climate which is pleasant; it is the sunniest capital city in Australia with clear blue skies for most of the year.
Perth has a reputation for being a friendly, multicultural city and is perfect for a wide variety of sporting and leisure activities, including swimming, surfing, cycling, sailing, windsurfing, hiking and even whale watching. Quite simply, there is something here for everyone.
Perth’s Mediterranean climate also allows for a great alfresco dining atmosphere. It is common to find streets filled with cafés and restaurants spilling out onto the sidewalks, offering a wide range of local and international cuisine to suit all tastes.
Perth’s public transport system offers a fully integrated bus, train and ferry network, making it very convenient for students to travel around the metropolitan area. As an international student, students can also take advantage of a 40% discount on fares and free public transport around the city centre. Buses run regularly along Princess Road in front of the College, while the Claremont train station is a 15 minute walk away.
There are a number of accommodation options available in Perth, all offering comfortable, high quality places to stay during their study. The Taylors College Accommodation Officer will provide assistance and advice in helping the international students to find a suitable accommodation.
- For students below 18 years of age, students are required to live in an approved homestay or with the family of an adult relative. Homestay involves staying in a private home as the paying guest of a host. This option can be an invaluable and rewarding part for the students' learning experience in Australia. Here, students will be provided with their own furnished room containing a bed, wardrobe and desk, as well as breakfast and evening meals. Students will also be able to access laundry facilities and a telephone. All of the homestay hosts are carefully chosen and undergo police checks. As a homestay guest, students will be living in a home where English is the primary language, providing students with the perfect environment in which to gain stronger skills in the language.
- For students who are above the age of 18 years, and preferred to live in an independent house or apartment, Taylors College Accommodation Officer can assist them on rental or other accommodation options close to Taylors College.
- University Hall is UWA’s own residential college, located a short walk from the main UWA campus. The Hall offers single, non-ensuite rooms with internet and telephone connections. Meals are provided daily with all dietary needs catered for, including halal and vegetarian. Students need to be 17 years old to stay in University Hall.
Courses available 7Accounting & Finance 5 Applied, Pure Sciences 6 Business, Management 5 Computer Science, IT 3 Engineering 2 English Language 1 Humanities & Social Sciences 3 Mass Communication & Media 6
- UWA Cimbs Higher in World Rankings 25 Sep 2014
- Perth Named One of The Top Ten Most Liveable Cities in the World 25 Sep 2014
Be the first one!