|Campus setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
|Student population||Information not available|
|International students||Information not available|
About Kangan Institute
Kangan Institute has 5 Melbourne campuses. The institution also provides education to residents over 15 at the Parkville Youth Residential Centre and Melbourne Youth Justice Centre in Parkville which are:
- Broadmeadows campus purpose-built specialist training facilities such as the Aviation Industry Training Centre, the Transport and Logistics Centre and the Polymer Engineering Centre. It also houses the Gunung-Willam-Balluk Learning Centre for Indigenous students, as well as our fully licensed, hospitality training facility, Richards Restaurant.
- Recognised as the leading centre for office, retail and business services in Melbourne's north-west. The Essendon area is known for its premier sports and entertainment facilities that include the Moonee Valley Race Course (Australia's harness racing capital), Windy Hill (home of the Essendon Football Club) and a chain of parks around and along the Maribyrnong River. Parking available on campus.
3. Melbourne central business district
- Melbourne central business district is Kangan's Language Centre which provides quality language training for students from all around the world. The state-of-the-art facility offers international students a chance to study in a world-class teaching environment, all while experiencing the vibrant and dynamic atmosphere of central Melbourne.
4. Moonee Ponds Richmond Docklands
- This campus houses Kangan Institute's Centre for Health & Nursing department and offers a supportive and friendly adult learning environment that caters to everyone from school leavers through to those seeking a career change later in life. The campus provides state-of-the-art training rooms, equipment and facilities for the health, nursing, aged care, integrated health and disability areas of study. Richmond: Home to the Centre of Fashion, the Richmond campus' central location means excellent access to established public transport networks. Limited parking is available on campus. Limited parking is available on campus.
- Dedicated automotive training campus. Stage II of the campus was launched in 2012 and introduced new workshop spaces, a world-class vehicle and engine testing facility as well as a purpose-built auto electrical lab supplied by Training Systems Australia.
- Kangan Institute's main campus is located approximately 20km from the central business district. The campus is a five-minute walk from the Broadmeadows Town Hall, and is directly opposite Broadmeadows Shopping Centre. Parking available on campus.
- The Essendon campus is approximately 10km from the central business district.
- Located in the heart of Melbourne's central business district. The campus is walking distance to iconic Victorian locations such as the Botanic Gardens, Queen Victoria Markets and Federation Square, and easily accessed by all forms of public transport.
- The Monee Ponds campus is approximately 7.5km from the central business district, in the heart of the bustling shopping and restaurant district located in Mirvac Moonee Ponds Central.
- The campus is located on the southern edge of the central business district the campus is the central and accessible to Victoria's retail, service, repair and manufacturing industries.
Students have a number of accommodation options. The Institute does not guarantee to find suitable accommodation for all international students but will provide assistance with searching for accommodation where required. There are 3 types of accommodations for the students to choose from, which are:
- Homestay offers accommodation in a private home with a host family. Students are provided with a furnished bedroom with study space. The host provides meals, but the student must pay for their own travel, telephone calls, entertainment and personal needs. The approximate weekly cost is AUD$250 to AUD$300 per week. This is payable two weeks in advance to the host family.
2. Rented Rooms
- Students can rent a room in a private house which can be either furnished or unfurnished. Meals are not normally provided, but students have access to the kitchen to prepare their own meals. Rent varies from AUD$200 to AUD$300 per week and may or may not include gas, electricity and water costs.
3. Private Rental
- A popular option for students is to share an apartment or house which is normally rented through a real estate agent. Rental costs do vary dependant on type of property, number of bedrooms and location. Rent varies from AUD$200 to AUD$500 per week depending on the location and number of rooms. A month's rent in advance and a bond equivalent of up to six weeks rent is required when renting a property. To rent a property from a real estate agent their rental application form must be filled out and they may require a reference letter and financial and identification proof. The majority of rental properties are unfurnished. Approximately AUD$2,000 to AUD$4,000 will be required for the above needs, household goods, gas, electricity and telephone connection.
International students may request for an airport pick up where the student and the university's representative will be meeting on arrival at Melbourne Airport and to be taken to their temporary accommodation. For international students who are interested on airport pick-up, they have make sure that all the travel arrangements to be forwarded to the Institute seven days prior to your arrival. This is a free service offered by Kangan Institute
Courses available 10Accounting and Finance 3 Architecture, Building & Planning 1 Business and Management 3 Engineering 3 Hotel Management & Hospitality 1
Be the first one!