|Setting||Information not available|
|Living cost||Information not available|
About Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School
Located on 2 hectares of landscaped private gardens, 1.5 hours from Sydney, the residential Leura campus has well-appointed accommodation and modern teaching facilities. Various recreational options for students include visits to independent boutiques, bookstores, chocolatiers, craft shops, art galleries, shopping malls, cinemas, bars, clubs, an extensive choice of restaurants and several local festivals.
Life on campus
- Our Practical Learning Centre on the Leura campus is home to first and second-year undergraduate students. This is where you’ll complete your practical training in food and beverage and event management or housekeeping and front office duties.
- The campus has first-class teaching facilities that include lecture and seminar rooms, commercial kitchens, a demonstration cocktail bar, three training restaurants, a fully equipped demonstration training lab and computer rooms. Our three training restaurants allow you to experience the different food and beverage environments you will find in hotels.
- Our lecture rooms are fitted with video recording facilities, so you can watch lectures again for revision. All students have access to academic information, campus events, subject material storage centres and webmail with a school e-mail address.
- In our professionally staffed libraries you can access approximately 8,000 hard copy book titles, and a further 1,435 e-books via the library catalogue.
- BMIHMS subscribes to two online encyclopedias, 23 databases and a vast collection of case studies. All of our staff hold professional academic qualifications.
- During residential terms all main meals are provided, three times per day. The campus offers a choice of tasty and healthy dining venues: Chambers, an à-la-carte fine dining restaurant; Yu&Me an Asian style fusion bistro; and Cookie’s, an indoor/outdoor café. Light snacks can be purchased from the café three evenings per week and wine can be purchased with dinner or at the bar where Responsible Service of Alcohol is strictly followed.
Our Sydney campus is centrally located in the business district of the city. This ideal position means that we are in the hub of connecting transport routes, making it easy for you to commute to classes.
Life on campus
- Third-year undergraduate students and all postgraduate students share this bright and modern executive-style facility.
- Our Sydney campus, the Executive Business Centre, gives undergraduate students an ideal progression from the residential, structured campus
- at Leura, to independent city living and studying. It serves as a personal steppingstone for students, before they launch themselves into their new careers.
- As you would expect from a large international city, Sydney has entertainment covered. Step outside the campus doors to a huge array
- of restaurants, shopping, bars and nightclubs, sporting clubs and venues.
- On campus, lounge areas are available for students to sit, talk, eat and study together. Kitchen facilities allow students to make tea and coffee, store lunches and heat food. A Student Representative Council is elected every term to ensure plenty of activities are planned for you to enjoy.
- The campus boasts state-of-the-art teaching facilities and a professional learning environment. All lectures are recorded and can be reviewed online at anytime. The Sydney campus has its own library and students have direct access to academic staff.
The main campus is located in the picturesque town of Leura, in the Blue Mountains National Park, just 90 kilometres west of Sydney, where undergraduate students undertake their practical training in food and beverage, housekeeping and front office duties. Train stations in central Sydney are easy to travel between or to hook up with services going to the northern, southern and western suburbs. The Sydney campus is about 2 minutes walk away from Museum Station. Services run from 4am to around midnight on most train lines. As for the Leura campus, it is about an hour’s drive west of Sydney.
- Leura Campus - Students live in twin share hotel-style rooms, which contain a television, a private ensuite bathroom, a telephone line and 24/7 Internet access. Rooms are cleaned weekly and all linen is provided. Single rooms with ensuite are limited, subject to availability and occur additional costs.
- Sydney Campus - Students studying at our Sydney campus live off campus. BMIHMS can assist you by recommending our student accommodation partner, which is located 15 minutes walk from campus, or you can organise your own accommodation in private housing throughout the city and surrounding suburbs.
Courses available 5Business and Management 2 Hotel Management & Hospitality 4
Be the first one!