- 57 2014 QS University Rankings: Asia
- 309 QS World University Rankings 2014
- 355 QS World University Rankings 2013
- 289 QS World University Rankings 2015
|Living cost||₹ 20,197 per month|
|Student population||Large (More than 10,000)|
About Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
USM has 3 campuses, with the main campus located in the tropical island of Penang. The other two campuses are the Engineering campus and Health campus.
USM also has 17 dedicated research centres for a wide range of specialisations which includes:
- Medicine & Dentistry,
- Molecular Medicine,
- Science & Technology,
- Islamic Development & Management Studies,
- Policy Research & International Studies.
In addition, USM provides services for its students such as:
- Soccer fields
- Olympic-sized swimming pool
- Astroturf hockey
- Synthetic running track
- Cultural evens
Getting to Penang is possible with different transportations:
- By Air
- By Road
- By Ferry
USM provides male and female hostels to accommodate students in a safe and comfortable environment. There are single and shared rooms available. Some blocks in hostels are equipped with facilities for handicapped students.
- TV room
- Washing machine
Rent varies from as low as RM 70 per month per student to RM 390.