|Living cost||₹ 78,000 per month|
About IE University (IE Business School)
IE has delegations in 28 countries and teaches its students in Madrid, Segovia, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Providence, Sao Paulo, Singapore, Cape Town and Shanghai, among other cities. The institution is recognized internationally for its use of online and blended teaching methodologies that transform the learning experience.
IE’s Madrid campus consists of 20,000 square meters spread out across several buildings in the financial district of the Spanish capital. Madrid is one of the world’s leading cities for doing business, working and investing. It is also located strategically between Europe, Latin America and the United States.
IE students, who this year come from 128 countries, have the opportunity to establish contacts with major corporations that have European headquarters in Madrid, as well as to take advantage of all that this vibrant, cosmopolitan, cultural city has to offer as part of their learning experience.
IE’s historic Segovia campus, where part of IE University’s bachelor degree programs are run, is housed by a 12th century former convent located in woodland close to the center of the city, which in turn is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, famous for historic monuments like its Roman aqueduct and 15th century Alcazar fortress. With its beautiful landscapes, Segovia is a unique setting where university students from 70 countries enrich their educational experience by living in a city steeped in history. Furthermore, Segovia is just 25 minutes from Madrid by high-speed train.
IE University offers a range of options to suit the students' preferences and their budget. The IEU Student Office offers all students advice in the process of choosing among the different offers available at each of its campus. With an on-campus Residence Hall and many off-campus accommodation options, students can select the option according to their preferences and convenience.
Reyes Católicos Residence Hall
- The Reyes Católicos Residence hall is an on campus, all – inclusive accommodation. Students will get a nice room and a full meal plan, along with security and cleaning services. Students will also need not to pay for other utilities expenses such as gas, electricity, water, etc. Living here, can be considered as one of the best way to meet other IE University students. The Reyes Catolics Residence Hall is equipped with 43 modern rooms; out of which 20 are single rooms and 23 are double. All of these rooms come with attached bathrooms, telephone and Wi-Fi broadband Internet access and the fees for these two facilities are included in the accommodation fees. The rooms are also fully furnished, with bed and bathroom linen and are cleaned on a daily basis. The location of this residence hall also gives students an easy access to all the University's facilities such as café, dining hall, photocopying and printing center, library, computer lab and study rooms.
- Meals: The meal service operates from Monday to Saturday. No meals are served on Sundays or during the holidays. Three meals are served daily in the dining hall: breakfast, lunch and dinner, at hours that are compatible with academic class schedules. However, students also have the option of eating outside of those set meal times.
- Schedules: Students are free to come and go anytime of the day since the University respects the rights of residence. However, there should be no excessive noise, especially between 11pm and 9:00am. Visitors are permitted to come in from 10am to 10pm and a record will be kept for security reasons of all students who leave and enter the residence during the night. Students who intend to spend a night or the weekend away from the Residence Hall must inform the Residence Hall managers in advance. Parties are strictly forbidden in the rooms, corridors, staircases and common rooms.
- Cleaning Service: Student rooms and communal areas are cleaned on a daily basis, with the exception of Sundays and bank holidays. However, students are required to make their own bed and tidy up their room so the cleaning staff can do their job properly and in a time saving manner. Laundry services are also available at this hall of residence.
- Furniture and Electrical Appliances: Students can bring their own study lamp, computer, drawing board, special chair or any other items they need for their studies. Hotplates, kettles, heaters, microwaves, and other devices that have an electrical element or produce flames or smoke are strictly forbidden for safety reasons.
The Factory Residence Hall
The Factory Residence Hall is located only 5 minutes away from campus. All rooms are singles with a private bathroom and have services such as Wi-Fi, cleaning, etc. included in the cost. The cafeteria meal plan can be added to the cost of the rooms, as well as other extra services. Price is 490€ per month, and breakfast is included. The On-Campus Cafeteria meal plan as well as other services can be added for an extra cost.
Renting An Apartment
There are also options for students who prefer to live in rented apartments. In Segovia, a flat with one or two rooms can range between 500€ and 700€ a month, excluding of utility bills. The contracts are usually for one year, although you can negotiate with your landlord to rent for less time. In this case, they might raise the rent of the place a bit more.
Renting A Room
Another good housing solution is simply finding a spot in an already rented apartment or sharing a flat with other students.The rent would range anywhere between €150 - €350 per month plus the share of expenses (electricity, gas, etc.) with your flatmates.
For those who would like to live and experience live the way the locals do, IE University Student Office manages a list of Spanish families who have a spare room and wish to host an IE University Student. Most of them already have experience hosting international students. The price of this type of housing ranges around 32 to 35€ daily, or between 900 and 1100€ monthly. This usually includes full board, cleaning and laundry services.
Overall Business School Rankings
- Financial Times, 2013, European Business School Ranking, 1st in Europe
- Financial Times, 2012, European Business School Ranking, 1st in Europe
- QS Global 200 Business Schools Report 2012/2013, 4th in Europe
- América Economía, 2014, Ranking Global de las Mejores Escuelas de Negocios, 4th Worldwide
- América Economía, 2013, Ranking Global de las Mejores Escuelas de Negocios, 5th Worldwide
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek, 2012, Full-Time MBA Programs Ranking, 3rd Worldwide
- Financial Times, 2013, Global MBA Ranking, 11th Worldwide
- Financial Times, 2014, Global MBA Ranking, 13th Worldwide
- Forbes, 2011, Best International 1-year MBA Programs, 3rd Worldwide
- Poets and Quants, 2012, International MBA Ranking, 4th Worldwide
- Wall Street Journal, 2009, One-Year MBA Programs Ranking, 1st worldwide
- CNN Expansion, 2013, Ranking de los Mejores MBA en el Mundo, 13th Worldwide
EMBA and Executive Education
- The Economist, 2013, EMBA Ranking, 2nd Worldwide
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek, 2011, EMBA Programs Ranking, 4th Worldwide
- Financial Times, 2012, EMBA Ranking, 12th Worldwide
- América Economía, 2009, Executive Education Ranking, 7th worldwide, 1st in Europe
Other Masters Programs
- Financial Times, 2013, Masters in Finance (Pre-Experience) Ranking, 3rd Worldwide
- Financial Times, 2013, Masters in Management, 5th Worldwide
Why Choose IE University?
There are 46,000 alumni holding positions of responsibility in over 100 countries.
Among the Best
IE master's and executive education programs are ranked among the best in the world.
Wide Range of Postgraduate Programs
IE Business School offers more than 30 postgraduate programs
There are more than 50 different scholarships available for students. Up to 60% of our students receive assessment from IE Financial Aid
128 nationalities are represented on campus making IE campus a diverse community and a great place to meet new people and make new friends.
Courses available 22Accounting and Finance 3 Architecture, Building & Planning 1 Business and Management 9 Computer Science and IT 1 Creative Arts & Design 2 Humanities & Social Sciences 1 Law 2 Mass Communication & Media 1 MBA 6
Be the first one!