- Ranked 543 QS World University Rankings 2018
- Ranked 541 THE World University Rankings 2018
- Ranked 71 QSWUR Top 50 Under 50 Rankings
|Living cost||₹ 78,000 per month|
About University of Limerick
The University is an over 133 hectares campus with the beautiful River Shannon as a unifying focal point. Outstanding recreational, cultural and sporting facilities further enhance this exceptional learning and working environment.
The UL campus is in the suburbs of Limerick, Ireland’s third largest city. The campus has shopping facilities needed for day to day life on campus but there are a number of large shopping malls close by also.
The University of Limerick campus is located 5km from Limerick City and 20km from Shannon International Airport.
The University is 10 minutes by bus to the city centre (bus every 15 minutes) as well as having Shannon International Airport (30 minutes) and Dublin International Airport (2 Hours) close by. There are buses to both airports every
hour directly to and from the University There is a bus stop on campus and it is right beside the student centre.
There are also links with cycle lanes from the city to the University and surrounding areas.
- Six residential villages - varies by budget
- Co-housing with other first years of different genders, courses and cultural ethnicities for diversity
- Campus Life Programme and free membership to UL Sports Arena
- Village residence
- Single Semester accomodation available for exchange students
- Facilites for postgraduate students only allocated
- Longer let lengths to accomodate research period
- Apartment complex (Castletroy area)
- 20 minutes walk from UL campus, managed by private management companies, for third-level students
- Private housing
- Shared housing, direct landlord
- Short-term accomodation (Castleroy area)
- Accomodation for early arrival, visiting families (short-term), B&B
- Long-term catered accomodation
- Salesian house - 3 minutes walk from UL campus
- Lodgings/Digs - weekly homestay boarding (deposit of one week's rent)
Special needs accomodation and service available.
Small family accomodation available.
- Plassey Village - located at UL main entrance. Terraced houses. 8 people, 4 bedroom. 20 minutes bus service.
- Kilmurry Village - nearby Sports Arena and all sports facilities on campus. Terraced houses. 6-8 students.
- Thomond Village - located on North Campus, linked to South Campus by bridge across river Shannon. 2/4/6 bedroom apartments. Shared communal facilities with neighboring Dromroe Village. Accomodation for special needs students and families available.
- Dromeroe Village - Individual apartments. 2/6 study bedrooms. Ideal for senior students wanting study space. Accomodation for special needs students and families available. (Pedestrian village, vehicles not permitted)
- Cappavilla Village - Located on North Campus, adjacent to Health Sciences and Irish World Academy building. Highest point of campus, superb views. 2/4/6 study bedrooms, fully fitted. Accomodation for special needs students and families available.
- The Quigley Residence - Postgraduate exclusive. Adjacent to Graduate Medical School building. 2/4 large study bedrooms, fully fitted. Accomodation for special needs students and families available.
- Troy Village (off-campus) - Individual apartments, 1-7 bedrooms. 15-minute away from UL campus.
Popular employers include Intel, Dell, Microsoft, Google, Stryker, Regeneron, Northern Trust, Bank of Ireland
Notable alumni include Irish 2016 Olympian Thomas Barr, Riverdance co-choreographer and dancer Jean Butler, Canadian software-engineer pioneer David Parnas, former Ireland and USA rugby coach Eddie O'Sullivan, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Georgia Tamar Beruchashvilli
Sunday Times University of the Year in 2015, and Law School of The Year 2017 - Irish Law Awards
The Student Experience
The student experience is also extremely important and the University has the #1 ranked student experience by international students of all European Universities (iGraduate Barometer 2017). UL is an exceptional place to learn more, live more and be more.
UL combines theory and practical education to equip students with the skills needed to thrive in their careers after graduation. This is reflected in excellent work placement programs, careers support service and peerless graduate employment rates.
Student & Alumni Testimonials
Courses available 131Accounting and Finance 8 Agriculture & Related Subjects 2 Applied and Pure Sciences 30 Architecture, Building & Planning 4 Aviation 3 Business and Management 11 Computer Science and IT 9 Creative Arts & Design 23 Education and Teaching 10 Engineering 20 English Language 2 Health and Medicine 13 Hotel Management & Hospitality 1 Humanities & Social Sciences 18 Law 6 Mass Communication & Media 6 Sports Science 3
Be the first one!